Sunday, June 30, 2013

China Here I Come!

So, I am on my way to China, for the 4th year in a row! I don't think I have quite realized it yet.. It's hard to believe that I am going back to see the sweet faces of Chenzhou. Every year it is so hard to leave them knowing you are not guaranteed of ever seeing them again. But thankfully, I have been blessed to go back and love on them and I cannot wait.

I am currently in LA with my team, minus 2. There are 12 of us total on the team, but two of them (Julia and Amy) will be meeting us in Beijing. It's 11:00PM here and our flight leaves at 1:40AM so we have quite a bit of time.

I have already been traveling for about 11 hours and I have around 25 hours or so until I will finally be in Chenzhou. We have a 13 hour flight to Beijing, 2 hour layover, 3 hour flight to Guangzhou, 2-3 hour layover, 2/3 hour train ride and then about 30 minutes in a bus!

Thank you so much to everyone that has supported me financially and in prayer, it means so much to me and the children and nannies at Chenzhou.

Please be praying for safe travel for our team, good health, team unity, for our guide: Steve, and the people of Chenzhou as we get to see them again soon.

Talk to you all soon.

P.S. Those of you that have followed my blogs in the past know that I have a tendency to stop blogging toward the end or not blog everyday..it's not necessarily because I don't want to, it's just that it is so emotionally and physically tiring that 1. it's hard to stay awake and write 2. It is so hard to put my emotions and thoughts into words sometimes. So bear with me and I will do my best to share my journey with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment