Sunday, July 7, 2013

Meet the Kids at Chenzhou: John




John, most of you know him as my little boy. Well I claim him as mine :) I have watched him grown up in a weird "see him 2 weeks every year." I first met him when he was 1 and was dressed in all pink. We were convinced he was a boy until we finally had to change his diaper! He is blind and has some rare disease where he doesn't have eyes. He has the most precious laugh and smile and loves to be tossed in the air and kissed on his face and neck. Anything involving touch and sound, obviously because he doesn't have the sight sense. John goes just above my knee when standing up and I'm 5'8". He cannot stand on his own yet or walk but he can stand using support and can almost walk. He has improved quite a bit from last year but he is still so behind for being four. I have been trying to get him moved to a foster care in Beijing that is for visually impaired children with other special needs as well.  It seems so awesome and I pray that I can get him moved there. The orphanage has said they would love to help but they recently had a brain scan done on him and he has some problems with his brain and delays, we aren't sure what exactly though. Please pray for this sweet boy, he is so thin, small, and delayed. He needs love and help to get him to where he needs to be. Please pray that the foster home will still take him even though he has brain problems and that they can help him get the care he needs. Also, he is on the shared adoption list so if he were to get adopted that would be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment